Saturday, April 4, 2015

Cell phones are a Class 2 carcinogen

Quote: "In 2011, the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC), an arm of the World Health Organization (WHO), declared cell phones a Class B Carcinogen, meaning a “possible cancer-causing agent,” based on the available research."..."This places cell phones in the same category as diesel engine exhaust, some pesticides, and some heavy metals. The expert panel ruled that there was “some evidence” that regular cell phone use increased the risk of two types of tumors – brain tumors (gliomas) and acoustic neuromas."... "One mechanism of harm, published in 2010,5 explains how electromagnetic fields damage your cells and DNA by inducing a cellular stress response. The research was conducted by Dr. Martin Blank,6 PhD, a former Associate Professor at Columbia University in the department of physiology and cellular biophysics, and past president of the Bioelectromagnetics Society." And "A review of 11 long-term epidemiologic studies published in the journal Surgical Neurology7 in 2009 revealed that using a cell phone for 10 years or longer approximately doubles your risk of being diagnosed with a brain tumor on the same side of the head where the cell phone is typically held. "

Please read article at http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2015/01/06/cell-phone-use-brain-cancer-risk.aspx especially the 'common sense guidelines " because there are ways to minimize your exposure.

The National Institute of Health's opinion on EMFs: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/electromagneticfields.html

Also : http://www.niehs.nih.gov/health/topics/agents/emf/

From http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25738972 is "Mobile phone radiation causes brain tumors and should be classified as a probable human carcinogen (2A) (Review)." with quote :"We conclude that radiofrequency fields should be classified as a Group 2A ̔probable̓ human carcinogen under the criteria used by the International Agency for Research on Cancer (Lyon, France). Additional data should be gathered on exposures to mobile and cordless phones, other WTDs, mobile phone base stations and Wi‑Fi routers to evaluate their impact on public health."

I looked at these summaries of research and also saw that more research is pending, and what was especially notable in bad way is the increase of glioma attributed to use of cell phones.

This is primarily a #publichealth blog to educate the public on issues that affect the "masses" of the general population such as epidemics, airborne diseases, preventable disease including cancers, and preventable systemic diseases. I also post art I make to it rarely as a way of varying it some and because I have the artist label in the url address. But it is the only blog I post public health information too, of a comprehensive nature to give the public a good knowledge of an issue. I am a Registered Nurse with a license in Missouri; and worked in nursing in the state of Georgia and other states for 26 years in a variety of positions. In the course of that career, I got to see "the big picture" in how acute care facilities respond to events including natural disasters, and also how governments respond to them. I research to add to this blog but not a s an NIH scientist would. My words are written for people who are not trained in medicine or scientific research, generally speaking, so I try to make it very clear so any could understand the posts on the blog.

Also, on the topic of preventable disease is this article I read today:

Eating whole eggs is good for humans. I KNEW it: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/news/11514251/Four-eggs-a-week-can-reduce-risk-of-diabetes.html

Also, because the general public has become more educated on the issues, juries in medical malpractice and insurance lawsuits cases have been more knowledgeable also, and are more willing to punish hospitals, doctors and insurers who fail to follow standards of care. Read : Failure to treat medically by standards of care jury award of 28 million : http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-jury-awards-kaiser-cancer-patient-20150326-story.html.

I also create content and write on other blogs including blogs that are primarily for art I create. Because there is no intnetion to deeive, I notify the public of that fgrequently. You may see some of the art I created in past 24 hours on these blogs of mine:

https://gloriapoole.wordpress.com

https://gloriapoole.blogspot.com/

STATEMENT OF OWNERSHIP AND COPYRIGHT INFO:

This is a Christian website and I am a born again Christian woman. You may read some about the beliefs of Christians on this blog :

https://salvation-is-free.blogspot.com.

All telephones associated with this blog and its underlying account belong to me Gloria Poole personally and are physically located in my apt in Missouri. Some are cell phones, and some are landline telephones. It is necessary to write that because I switch my numbers around from time to time to prevent stalkers who threatened my life from being easily able to know which phone I was using on any given day. As always this blog and all content on it belongs exclusively to me Gloria Poole, RN, artist of Missouri and I own all rights to it. I do not have a son, and I have only 2 grown daughters named Jennifer and Leigh who also have minor children of their own. Copyright notice Was written on 7 February 2015 at 12:36pm: This blog and all content, all words, all photos and all art on it were created and posted by me Gloria Poole , RN, artist of Missouri and Georgia. Usually I sign the art I create as simply Gloria since that is my first name I was born with; but on pencil drawings I often also sign my born with surname of Poole. I am also known on the web and in real life as Gloria Poole; Gloria J Poole; Gloria Poole, RN, artist; and on the web as : gloriapoole; gloria-poole; gloria.poole; Ms Gloria Poole; gloriapoole.RN; gloriapoole_RN; gloriapooleRN at yahoo; gloria0817; gpoole817; artist-gloriapoole; gloriapoole-paintings; artist-gloria; Poole,Gloria; gloriapoole1749; and other variations of my real, born with, and legal name of Gloria Poole. For the record, I am a white, twice divorced Christian woman and the mother of two grown daughters who are named Jennifer and Leigh. I am also a prolife activist, blogger, artist in all mediums; photographer for my own purposes, Registered Nurse with a license in Missouri but before that for most of my life in the state of Georgia, U.S. citizen born in the state of Georgia; University of Georgia alum, Georgia Baptist College of Nursing alum, writer, illustrator, author. This blog may not be downloaded, nor copied individually or collectively as a whole; nor have domains forwarded to it that do not belong to me, nor may the photos or art on it be reproduced or saved to disk by anyone . I create all content on this blog and I, Gloria Poole, own all rights to this blog collectively and individually as single posts. The telephones listed on this account belong to me and are in my apartment in Missouri or in my possession at all times. Some of my numbers are wired, landline telephones and some are mobile phones. This blog and all blogs that I create and that contain my words and or art and or photos that I create bel*og exclusively to me Gloria Poole, of Missouri and Georgia. Copyright. Gloria Poole /gloriapoole /gloria-poole /gloria.poole/ Ms Gloria Poole/ Poole Gloria at my own,private apt in Missouri which is not shared with anyone and neither is my equipment nor phones shared with anyone, and nether is my isp account shared with anyone. Gloria Poole, RN, artist; at my apt in Missouri on 4 April 2015 at 12:57pm [noonish].